Labour market statistics
New organisation of work in official statistics has been in effect since 1 January 2009, following the introduction of specialisation of statistical offices.
The Statistical Office in Bydgoszcz specialises in the area of labour market statistics, in which domain performs tasks on behalf of official statistics as a whole.
As a coordinator of national tasks the office:
- organises and carries out works aimed at the development of conducted surveys and the improvement of the effectiveness of their performance and the quality of elaborated results,
- improves existing survey tools and introduces new techniques of conducting surveys,
- prepares assumptions for IT systems related to gathering, processing and analysing data,
- elaborates a satellite account in the field of specialisation as well as data for the purposes of European national accounts – for national and regional accounts,
- carries out works enabling the use of data collected in administrative sources,
- creates and maintains the labour market knowledge database
- Providing support for Statistics Poland’s department competent for labour market statistics, the office:
- identifies and analyses the demand for data and statistical analyses and takes actions in order to provide for it,
- initiates statistical surveys and develops methodology for conducted surveys,
- elaborates, presents and makes survey results and statistical analyses available as well as prepares analytical materials,
- carries out works related to the quality assessment of conducted surveys,
- initiates and carries out methodological works.
- Within the framework of its specialisation the Statistical Office in Bydgoszcz organises and carries out surveys on the entire territory of the country, i.a., in the scope of:
- employed persons as well as wages and salaries in the national economy,
- the structure of earnings by occupations,
- registered unemployment,
- job vacancies, newly created and liquidated jobs,
- work time,
- labour costs,
- people over 50 on the labour market,
- work permits issued to foreigners in Poland.
Surveys related to the above topics are based among other sources on the following statistical reports:
Z-02 Z-03 Z-05 Z-06 Z-12 Z-14 MRPiPS-01 MRPiPS-02 MRPiPS-04 MRPiPS-07
All the tasks resulting from the specialisation are carried out by the Surveys and Analysis of Labour Market Centre, which functions within the statistical office.